Thursday, May 28, 2009


On Sunday afternoon our club is having a social outing to a Sculpture park. Our CFR is coming to do evaluations on Gardner, Gabrina, and Leola. They are the oldest puppies in our club. She is hoping to be able to tell us whether or not they are going back in July. But of course, Gabrina went into heat and can't go to the park. So now Barb, our CFR, is coming to my house so evaluate her.
I'm pretty nervous. Gabrina has been acting really weird lately. I'm assuming it's just her hormones going crazy. I don't want Barb to tell me that she is going back. I am so attached to her. But I also don't want to hear that she isn't ready to go back. I will feel like I didn't do a good job getting her ready, especially if her brother goes back without her. Shawna, Gardner's raiser, and I are hoping that they will go back on same truck. I know if she doesn't go back yet it's probably not my fault and I know I should be happy that I get to spend more time with her, but I know that I will still have a slight sense of failure.
Does anyone have any advice about preparing myself for the news if she is going back or not?
And more importantly, does anyone have any advice on how I can prepare Gabrina for her one-on-one evaluation?

Thanks so much,
Maddie and Gabrina

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Gilly was in my club here in UT before he was transfered. Gabrina is very cute, and I can't wait to hear about her adventures.