Sunday, June 21, 2009


Hey All!
It's Gabrina here! Mom has been so busy she hasn't had time to update on what I'm doing so I thought I would do it myself.

Last week people came to visit me! Mom said these were our friends from Indiana and I had to be on my best behavior. She said they were kids from the 4H Exchange program and that we were going to have a busy week. But I was still in heat so I didn't get to go anywhere for the first part of the week :[.

They got here on Tuesday the 9th. Mom left super early in the morning and I was stuck at home with my Uncle Owen. But then late at night mom brought home two kids! Yay friends! And let me tell you, I did a great job warming up their beds on the floor and sniffing their clothes.

On Wednesday Mom left again! She shoved me in that crate and said she would be back in a few hours. Well I waited super patiently and soon my dad came home and let me run around. Boy oh boy was I happy to get out of that kennel. I got dinner! But then Dad said he had to leave so back in the crate. Finally mom got home and we played a little bit but then she said it was late and we had to go to back in the kennel again!

On Thursday I got to stay out of my kennel all day. I was so happy!

On Friday mom and her friends stayed home in the morning with me. Good thing I was starting to get worried about her. But then in the afternoon she shoved me back in the kennel and left. I don't think I like having these Indiana people here. They make mom put me in me kennel way to much! **Editors note: Gabrina was in her kennel for a maximum of 5 hours each day.**

On Saturday I got to go hiking! Yay! It was so much fun even though it was super hot outside! Mom said I my 28 days of house arrest were up and I was allowed to go places again! Yippee!

On Sunday I got to go to the top of Pikes Peak. It was super cold up there! And then I went to the Trail Dust for dinner. There were lots of little kids running around but I laid under my mom's chair like a good little girl.

On Monday I got to go to my brothers house all day! Yahoo! We had so much fun together! When mom came to get me I fell asleep on the 5 minute car ride home.

On Tuesday I had to say goodbye to all my friends from Indiana. I pretended to be sad, but I'm kinda happy they are gone. Now I get my mom all to my self! Yay!

The next few days were pretty boring. But on Sunday I got to go shopping all day! We went to Walmart and Bestbuy and Kohls and King Soopers and best of all....PETSMART! Mom said we were buying my last bag of dog food and as much as I wanted a toy mom said I have way to many at home. Oh well, while we were there I got to meet a working service dog. I statyed super calm even when the other puppy got pretty excited. Mom was very proud of me.

Now it's time for PICTURES! They are out of order but here they are! Mom didn't have time to take too many pictures!

Wow it feels so much cooler with that vest off! (Hiking the Devils Backbone!)

Going to dinner

That hike tired me out pretty quick.

Pikes Peak!


Cabana's Puppy Raiser said...

Just wondering, was this Gabrina's first time to go in season? I know Cabana might go into season at any time now, but I'm hoping she won't for a few more months.

Maddie, Gabrina (IFT), and Betsy (PIT) said...

This was Gabrina's first time going into season. We were worried that she was going to go into season at the same time she was being recalled, but lucky for those unneutered males, she didn't!